Books that have had an impact on me
- Modern Essentials, Abundant Health, www.AromaTools.com – a good reference for personal use of essential oils
- Dark Deception, Dr Joseph Mercola – elucidates the health benefits of sunlight exposure and the dangers of avoiding it. It will change how you understand the sun and your health.
- Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal, Eric Schlosser – a myth-shattering survey stretching from California’s subdivisions, where the fast food business was born, to the industrial corridor along the New Jersey Turnpike, where many of fast food’s flavors are concocted, unearthing a trove of fascinating, unsettling truths — from the unholy alliance between fast food and Hollywood to the seismic changes the industry has wrought in food production, popular culture, and even real estate.
- Take Control of Your Life, Dr Joseph Mercola – packed with the most relevant and useful health beneficial information that you can get about the power of nutrition, exercise, proper rest and much, much more.Sex, Lies, and Menopause, T.S. Wiley, Dr Julie Taguchi, Bent Formby, PhD – offers strong evidence that the use of synthetic hormones leads to cancer and advise women to turn to natural hormone-replacement therapy — derived from plants, not drugs — to help them elevate their estrogen level for greater energy, libido, and intellectual capacity.
- Sugar Blues, William Dufty – the classic, bestselling expose on the negative medical, sociological, psychological, political effects of sugar, showing how a revitalizing, sugar-free diet can not only change lives, but quite possibly save them.Timeless Healing, Dr Herbert Benson – reveals how affirming beliefs, particularly belief in a higher power, make an important contribution to our physical health.
- The True Power of Water, Dr Masaru Emoto – learn of the unique properties of water and its ability to improve your health and your life by seeing the effect each of us has on water — not only the water we drink but also the water that makes up the human body and, most importantly, what happens to that water as we interact with each other.Your Body’s Many Cries for Water, Dr F. Batmanghelidj – shows how persistent dehydration can cause asthma, allergies, arthritis, hypertension, depression, headaches, diabetes, obesity, and even MS.
Science & Technology
- The Biology of Belief, Bruce Lipton PhD – shows that genes and DNA do not control our biology, that instead DNA is controlled by signals from outside the cell, including the energetic messages emanating from our thoughts.
- The Field, Lynne McTaggart – a highly readable scientific detective story revealing a radical new paradigm—that the human mind and body are not separate from their environment but a packet of pulsating power constantly interacting with this vast energy sea, and that consciousness may be central in shaping our world. It presents an interconnected universe and a new scientific theory that makes sense of supernatural phenomena.Molecules of Emotion, Candace Pert – shows how our bodies and minds function together as parts of an interconnected system.
- The Truth About the Drug Companies, Dr Marcia Angell – shows how drug companies have strayed from their original mission of discovering and manufacturing useful drugs and instead have become vast marketing machines with nearly limitless influence over medical research, education, and how doctors do their jobs. Meanwhile, as profits soar, the companies brazenly use their wealth and power to push their agenda through Congress, the FDA, and academic medical centers.